Unit Leaders/Assistant Leaders
Leaders are women aged between 18 and 64 inclusive who run Rainbow, Brownie, Guide and Senior Section units. The Unit Leader is usually supported by Assistant Leaders and Unit Helpers.
Assistant Leaders are aged over 18. Volunteers are able to continue to be Assistant Leaders and Unit Helpers over the age of 65.
Unit Leaders take part in learning and development opportunities both 'on-the-job' and through formal and informal training sessions. They are supported by a Mentor while working towards their Leadership Qualification.
A Unit Leader has certain responsibilities. As part of a team she is expected to:
- Complete the Girlguiding UK Leadership Qualification
- Run regular unit meetings with a balanced and varied programme of activities
- Keep financial records for the unit
- Provide a safe environment for the girls and others working with the unit
- Liaise with, and take a responsibility for, the personal development of Young Leaders working with the unit
- Attend meetings at a local level
- Make or renew her Promise
What do Adults in Guiding do?